Sauk Valley Community Church is an elder run church associated with the Christian and Missionary Alliance denomination.
We meet for a time of community and worship on Sundays at 10am.
On Sundays we periodically hold special gatherings called WIGS ("What is God Saying?"). During these times, we meet in our fellowship hall around tables. We begin with a short teaching followed by a time of discussion at each table as we together look deeper at what God says to us through His Word.
SVCC Reopening Protocol
SVCC, above anything else, desires to honor and bring glory to God by loving Him and loving others well.
The leadership team recommends the following guidelines, which may change as we continue to monitor recommended safety protocols from the Lee County Health Department and the CDC.
- Continue sanitizing and cleaning the facility on a regular basis.
- Place offering baskets at the doors as you leave.
- Serve pre-packaged communion.
- Provide pre-packaged breakfast foods.
- Postpone reopening the nursery.
- You wear a mask. We will have masks available at the door for those who don’t have one and would like one.
- Households sit together.
- You observe a six foot distance between people/other family groups.
- You continue with frequent hand washing/sanitizing.
- You do not pass items back and forth with anyone outside of the same household. (Phones, books, papers, etc.)
- You let a leadership team member know if you are diagnosed with COVID-19; then we will notify our church members that someone was diagnosed with COVID-19 and what date(s) they were present at the church.
- If you or anyone in your family are feeling sick or have a fever, please stay home.
- If you think you are at risk due to COVID-19, we advise you to stay home or at least carefully make this decision.
- If you would like to use the church facility, you must clear it with Joanna so that she can keep a record of persons in and out of the building and to ensure that the building is properly cleaned.
All guidelines have been drawn up by the leadership team in consideration of our neighbors. Please don’t follow the guidelines because you have to, but follow them for the betterment of your brothers and sisters. We belong to each other by the grace of God, let us commune together by following the same grace in our lives.
Each one of us is to please his neighbor for his good, to build him up.
Sunday Service Times